Why we like it?
- This floor works with any design style – it’s not too light, not too yellow. It’s actually close to a raw wood colour.
- It’s a Rustic floor, so has knots up to 50mm. This means it has lots of character. Note, the knots are machine filled with a matching filler, meaning the floor still looks modern.
- 190mm width boards will almost always look great. They’re not too wide, not too narrow.
- An oiled floor that works in a busy family environment. This floor has two coats of Ciranova oil (basically the BMW of wood oils). The floor is brushed between coats meaning the oil sits deep within the floor structure, improving performance.
- Easy to maintain – As this is a straight forward finish, any marks can be easily repaired through the use of inexpensive maintenance oils.
- Easy to fit – our floors are accurately milled and then finished in Belgium. Kite is also a fitting business; any floor we sell has always been fitted prior to sale.
- Great Value – Due to the quality of oils and accuracy of the milling, we believe this to be one of the best value floors on the market.
Why look elsewhere?
- There is very little reason why you shouldn’t go for the Lewis floor. It will look good everywhere.
- This floor is Rustic, so will have knots up to 50mm. This also means you get colour variations across the planks. If you’re looking for a more consistent colour, then the floor needs to have less knots. It also helps if the floor is stained prior to applying the top coat of oil. This happens with our more premium floors.
- Consider going for a cleaner grade (so less knots). Less knots will cost more money, but gives a more modern look
- If you’re looking for a super clean look, with very few colour variations, you will need a stronger oil. Look at our Silvia or Lulu floor in our Clissold Range.
- If you have a very large room, say greater than 6m in width, a wider plank may look better. We can offer this floor on a bespoke basis.
“The whole team at KITE has been beyond splendid throughout the entire process, from measurements to purchase, delivery and everything in between. Sasha, Ed, Jasper are absolutely wonderful and always go the extra mile to make sure you get total satisfaction and everything goes well during installation. Especially during COVID times, this whole operation was mind-blowing.
The product itself is excellent. It’s not the cheapest but, if you look beyond the doubtful discounts and sourcing on other websites, it’s far from being the most expensive too and the quality is there. Just order samples and compare, it’s obvious. I have 0 regret going for KITE, on the very contrary. I feel like a valued and cared-for customer, and will not hesitate a second to use them again in the future. Thank you!”
Quentin, North London