Why we like it?
- Black floors are real statement floors. In the right setting they can look stunning. It’s not easy to create a black floor, as the natural brown of the wood will always try and show through. For this reason, this finish has to be double stained.
- Our Clissold Range is a bespoke floor. This means you can choose your specification, from shape (straight, herringbone or chevron), width (140mm up to 300mm), thickness, and grade (with knots, slightly less knots, or a clean grade). We can even add texture through brushing or cross sawing.
- With these floors the wood is stained prior to receiving a top coat of oil. These reactive stains make the colours more consistent than floors in our Newington range, that just have two coats of UV Oil.
Why you should look elsewhere?
- As this floor is stained, and then oiled, it takes longer to make. For this reason it’s more expensive than the floors in our Newington Range.
- If you’re looking for an older, weathered look, consider something from our London Range. These floors have more texture. Having said this, this floor can be heavy brushed.