Why we love it?
- Our Daniel finish is for those looking for a Scandi look, but on a budget,
- This floor has a cleaner look than our Rustic floors, so has knots up to 10mm. This means it looks more modern, and clean. Clean grades, not only have less knots, but also less colour variations across the planks. Note, the knots are machine filled with a matching filler, meaning the floor still looks modern.
- Remember, you can choose where boards are fitted. If you want to achieve a super clean look, make sure knots with large boards are placed in less conspicuous areas, such as under sofas.
- 190mm width boards will almost always look great. They’re not too wide, not too narrow.
- An oiled floor that works in a busy family environment. This floor has two coats of Ciranova oil (basically the BMW of wood oils). The floor is brushed between coats meaning the oil sits deep within the floor structure, improving performance.
- Easy to maintain – As this is a straight forward finish, any marks can be easily repaired through the use of inexpensive maintenance oils.
- Easy to fit – our floors are accurately milled and then finished in Belgium. Kite is also a fitting business; any floor we sell has always been fitted prior to sale.
- Great Value – Due to the quality of oils and accuracy of the milling, we believe this to be one of the best value floors on the market.
Why look elsewhere?
- Cleaner grades are more expensive; you can use less of the tree.
- Even with cleaner grades, with our Newington Range, you still get colour variations. If you are looking for more consistency of colour, you will need to go with one of our floors from the Clissold Range
- If you like knots on your floor, you will prefer a rustic floor.
- If you have a very large room, say greater than 6m in width, a wider plank may look better. We can offer this floor on a bespoke basis.
“I was advertised kite flooring on Instagram and I’m so glad as it ended up being the best option for our new floor! I got so many samples from random companies and couldn’t find the right look/price I was after. Ed sent me some samples and I fell in love with the Newington range which is sustainable and affordable! Ed was super knowledgable and always very quick to get back to me on my questions.
I am even more in love with the floor now that it’s installed, looks so good, seems to be very durable (pre-oiled, bonus!!) and works really well with our underfloor heating. My toddler loves lounging and playing on it for hours. We are so pleased and grateful for the Instagram ad we saw!
Have no hesitation in getting your new flooring from Kite! Thanks so much Ed and team!”
Claire Littler – East London