Why we like it?
- Our Clissold Range is a bespoke floor. This means you can choose your specification, from shape (straight, herringbone or chevron), width (140mm up to 300mm), thickness, and grade (with knots, slightly less knots, or a clean grade). We can even add texture through brushing or cross sawing.
- With these floors the wood is stained prior to receiving a top coat of oil. These reactive stains make the colours more consistent than floors in our Newington range, that just have two coats of UV Oil.
- Our Silvia finish is our ultimate Scandinavian floor. It’s for those looking for the lightest possible floor, for a clean modern look. Normally people will opt for a cleaner grade (so knots up to 30mm..), and 220mm or 240mm width, depending on the size of the room.
Why look elsewhere?
- As this floor is stained, and then oiled, it takes longer to make. For this reason it’s more expensive than the floors in our Newington Range.
- Super light floors look great in modern rooms. They’ll make a room fell more spacious and clean. They don’t however, create as much warmth as a darker floor. It’s not uncommon for our clients to start of wanting a very light floor, but end up going with something slightly warmer, such as our Lulu finish.
- If you’re looking for an older, weathered look, consider something from our London Range. These floors have more texture.