Why we love it?
- This is another versatile floor, but has slightly more warmth to it, than our Lewis and Daniel floors. It has hints of red, which make it more unusual.
- It’s a Rustic floor, so has knots up to 50mm. This means it has lots of character. Note, the knots are machine filled with a matching filler, meaning the floor still looks modern.
- 190mm width boards will almost always look great. They’re not too wide, not too narrow.
- An oiled floor that works in a busy family environment. This floor has two coats of Ciranova oil (basically the BMW of wood oils). The floor is brushed between coats meaning the oil sits deep within the floor structure, improving performance.
- Easy to maintain – As this is a straight forward finish, any marks can be easily repaired through the use of inexpensive maintenance oils.
- Easy to fit – our floors are accurately milled and then finished in Belgium. Kite is also a fitting business; any floor we sell has always been fitted prior to sale.
- Great Value – Due to the quality of oils and accuracy of the milling, we believe this to be one of the best value floors on the market.
Why look elsewhere?
- Warmer coloured floors like the Lauren will make a space feel cosier. Lighter floors may work better in dark, small rooms.
- This floor is Rustic, so will have knots up to 50mm. This also means you get colour variations across the planks. If you’re looking for a more consistent colour, then the floor needs to have less knots. It also helps if the floor is stained prior to applying the top coat of oil. This happens with our more premium floors.
- If you have a very large room, say greater than 6m in width, a wider plank may look better. We can offer this floor on a bespoke basis.
“To begin with, I tried 20+ flooring stores independent and nationwide chains. I didn’t come across anyone with a product knowledge similar to Ed of Kite Flooring. His passion for his product is what drove me to buy the flooring from Kite Flooring. Independent operation and customer focus is of primary importance to Ed and his colleagues. From the time I ordered the flooring to the time it got delivered Ed kept me informed of what is going to happen and when it is going to happen.
I think Ed is one of those rare entrepreneurs who visualises the customers needs and works in delivering on those. I would definitely recommend Kite flooring for any project, their quality and standard is amazing.”
Karthik, from Richmond, who purchased the Newington Lauren in November 2021.