Why we like it?
- Herringbone floors are statement floors and will transform any space. The shape of the boards help make a room flow.
- Our Lewis large herringbone is a raw oak colour that sits between a natural oak and scandi finish. It’s one of our more affordable Herringbone floors and is lightly brushed with a clean grade (no knots..).
- The floor has two coats of Ciranova oil (basically the BMW of wood oils) and is brushed between coats meaning the oil sits deep within the floor structure, improving performance.
- Easy to maintain – As this is a straight forward finish, any marks can be easily repaired through the use of inexpensive maintenance oils.
- Easy to fit – our floors are accurately milled and then finished in Belgium. Kite is also a fitting business; any floor we sell has always been fitted prior to sale. The quality of the milling is especially important with patterned floors – cheap floors can be impossible to fit.
- Great Value – Due to the quality of oils and accuracy of the milling, we believe this to be one of the best value floors on the market.
Why you should look elsewhere?
- Herringbone, whilst not as pricey as Chevron, is expensive both from a product and fitting side. Expect to pay around 60% to 70% more for the supply and fit off this floor compared to a straight board.
- Make sure you allow for wastage. Square or rectangular rooms can be ok, but corridors, as the planks are left and right, can have very high wastage. Our advise is allow 15%, but sometimes even more if the area is just a hallway. Speak to us if you need advise on this. There’s nothing worse than being short on flooring in a project.
- Fitting Herringbone is a real skill as many more wood cuts have to be made. The quality of these cuts will dictate the quality of your final floor.
- We recommend Herringbone is glued down when fitted (as opposed to being fitted floating). Only certain subfloors can be glued too, such a ply or a levelling compound, and this means additional works have to be carried out. These are are not required when fitting straight board floated.