Why we love it?
- Our Lewis finish is one of the most versatile colour we do. It’s modern, but still with the warmth of a natural wood floor. It looks good in any scenario.
- This floor has a cleaner look than our Rustic floors, so has knots up to 10mm. This means it looks more modern, and clean. Clean grades, not only have less knots, but also less colour variations across the planks. Note, the knots are machine filled with a matching filler, meaning the floor still looks modern.
- Remember, you can choose where boards are fitted. If you want to achieve a super clean look, make sure knots with large knots are placed in less conspicuous areas, such as under sofas.
- 190mm width boards will almost always look great. They’re not too wide, not too narrow.
- An oiled floor that works in a busy family environment. This floor has two coats of Ciranova oil (basically the BMW of wood oils). The floor is brushed between coats meaning the oil sits deep within the floor structure, improving performance.
- Easy to maintain – As this is a straight forward finish, any marks can be easily repaired through the use of inexpensive maintenance oils.
- Easy to fit – our floors are accurately milled and then finished in Belgium. Kite is also a fitting business; any floor we sell has always been fitted prior to sale.
- Great Value – Due to the quality of oils and accuracy of the milling, we believe this to be one of the best value floors on the market.
Why look elsewhere?
- Cleaner grades are more expensive; you can use less of the tree.
- If you like knots on your floor, you will prefer a rustic floor.
- If you have a very large room, say greater than 6m in width, a wider plank may look better. We can offer this floor on a bespoke basis.